Single Handled Shower Faucet model
A single handled shower faucet has one handle for both the hot as well as cold water, rather than the traditional two. These types of fixtures are generally found in remodeled, updated or new types of bathrooms. Repairing a single handled shower faucet it not at all different from that of double handled shower faucet. But being a home owner, keep in mind that repairing a single handled shower faucet might be an ambitious project for someone who isn’t familiar with this work.
Single handled shower faucet repairing tips:
Remove the fixtures:
First of all turn off the water, if you cannot do this from the shower, you will require for locating the water shut off from your home’s core plumbing lines. Next step is to shut the shower drain so that no parts of the shower fall down. If you’re unable of shutting it, make the use of cloth or towel. Most of the shower faucet consists of metal or plastic face plate that is required to be removed while repairing it. Simply remove the piece of shower from the walls.
Remove the cartridge:
Cartridge is basically the piece of metal work which you observe on the outer side of the faucet. You will observe cold and hot water shut offs on the either side of the shower faucet. The screws are small is size that can be easily tightened by using a flat head screw driver. Remove it by using pliers by popping off the pin or by turning the nut off. Use the pliers for carefully pulling off the cartridge installed in the shower faucet. It would come out easily but it is advisable for being slow for avoiding damage.
Replace the O-ring of the shower faucet:
After removing it carefully, you might see that the cartridge is affected by mildew or might have damaged, so it is advisable cleaning the cartridge under the running water. If it is damaged beyond the repair, it is important to replace the whole of the thing with the new one. Or you can simple remove the O-ring. Take this O-ring to the hardware store for identifying the exact replacement for the same. Replacing the tired O-ring with the new one should repair most single handled shower faucet cracks and leaks.
Keep certain things in mind like when putting the parts of faucets back together, applying a little amount of faucet grease will help you in prolonging the life of the parts.
Reassemble the parts:
Complete the process of repairing the leaky shower faucet by reassembling the parts of it. This is one of the good opportunities for cleaning any accumulation of mildew and any soap scum off of your shower faucets. If you’re planning of slicing the caulking for removing the face plate, don’t forget of re-caulking the pieces, and once the pieces are back together, test your project. Turn on the option of cold and hot water independently for assuring and observing no leakage in the single handled shower faucet in your bathroom.
Roof cleaned by a person
Thinking that cleaning your roof is a huge process is nothing wrong. Because it do includes many things but there is nothing to worry about because it is an easy process too. But remember, it is equally important to take proper care of your home as well as the exteriors of your home. Equal importance should be given to the process of cleaning your roof. Follow the process of cleaning the roof because it offers varied options of benefits to the home owners. For example: the rain gutters gets cleaned in a better way and possibilities of accumulated moss and algae are less. and many more of such benefits that home owners can enjoy simply by following the tips of cleaning your roof.
Roof cleaning benefits:
- While starting with the process of cleaning your roof, first and the foremost things is to get rid of accumulated moss and algae from the surface of the roof. It is very common to observe such situation on the roof because the exteriors of the home are affected by the weather and changing climate. The process of cleaning the roof offers a better clarity of advantages that home owners can enjoy by DIY cleaning the roof.
- If the accumulated moss and algae is removed room the roof, it offers a better durability of the roof installed and increases its life with better explanations. Remember, cleaning the roof with certain special types of materials available in the market is advisable for better functionalities and benefits. For removing the unwanted stuffs from the surface of the roof, specialized tools are available that offers better cleaning and maintaining process.
- The life of your roof installed might be at a cost and more damaging effects might take place if the accumulated algae or moss is not cleaned. Removing the grown algae from the surface of the roof offers with many benefits like the chances of damaging the roofs less and can get a healthy and sound roof on the tops of your home.
- Regions surrounding the chimney area have the most possibilities of getting damaged on an early basis. Take care of the shingles that are mounted for a sound roofing system at your home. Cleaning the damaging parts of the roof leads with less possibilities of getting damaged.
- Regular cleaning of water discharge pipes, i.e. rain gutters should be maintained. It is among the benefits of cleaning your roof properly. It helps in flowing off the water or dirty direct away from the home premise. It helps in securing your roof because the water will directly flow away from the house.
- Cleaning the roof surfaces also increases the value of your home. Because at the time of selling off your home, the buyer will inspect each and every part of the home. It helps in adding up and increasing the over value of your home. Efficiency of the home is increased if the roof is properly maintained and regularly cleaned. Because it increases the value of your home. And there are fewer chances for the roof getting damaged.
Vinyl Floors cleaning tips
Among different types of flooring options, vinyl flooring is the most attractive, easy in installing and durable in nature. It is longer lasting and suits accurate even under the most trafficked section of the home. But maintaining it is little bit tricky. There are many tips on cleaning vinyl floors that helps in maintaining your floors too. Cleaning vinyl floors is a straightforward and cheap process. Cleaning materials and tools are easily available that can ease the process of cleaning vinyl floors. Try to reduce the dust level entering your home for maintaining the floors in a better way.
- Installing doormat for cleaning the vinyl floors helps in keeping dirt out of the home. Chemicals and dirt are greatest two enemies of floors. Always try to avoid using them for enjoying longer lasting floors.
- Doormat helps in catching the dirt and accumulates to a place that is only needed to be cleaned. The key factor of keeping any floor up to date is to keep it clean. Getting the dirt off before setting is a helpful tip for cleaning the vinyl floors.
- It is a good habit of quickly running with a soft groom on the floor as you see any accumulated dirt on the surface. Using shampoo helps in cleaning the vinyl floors. It works well for cleaning it too. Take a squirt of shampoo and mix it well with a gallon of water. Apply it on the vinyl floors for expiring the shine and finish.
- Using right type of cleanser for cleaning the vinyl floors is very important. If you floors are specialized with no wax, use specific type of cleaner not containing the ingredients of wax.
- Follow the directions stated on the container for performing the cleaning process in a better way. If having old vinyl flooring installed, it will require wax stipulated cleaner that helps in making it shine as before.
- Make the use of sponge or damp cloth and just clean the dirt gently. Don’t let the cleaner rest for longer time on the surface. Rub it properly and rinse with clean water. No matter what, if the cleaner manual offers not to rinse, still you should rinse it for preventing your vinyl floors from damage.
- Don’t let the water rest on the floor, water will drench its way from the cracks or breaks in the floor and might also lead in damaging the floor. Use a mop for cleaning and soaking the extra water observed on the floors. Even the rested water can destroy the glue bond that holds the floor and the bottom surface of the home.
- When moving any heavy furniture, it is important to lay a plywood sheet on the floor and move the furniture to other place for preventing scratches and damages.
- Always make the use of dry mop before using the wet cleaners for cleaning the vinyl floors. It will help you in attracting the entire dirt quickly.
- Planning for deep cleaning, mix a table spoon of dish soap to the vinegar solution. It will lift the accumulated dirt embedded in your vinyl floors.
There are many things which you need to keep in mind while complying with the process of waterproofing your basement. I know and we all know that basement is considered to be one of the important parts of our home which you need to take proper care of all those important parts of your home which will help you in increasing its life in return. There are many tips which can help you in the matters of going for waterproofing your basement in the best way you can but you need to first get the knowledge of your foundation which is installed in your home. There are many reasons which can lead you with the decision of waterproofing your basement which in return can be considered to be beneficial for the home owners.
The further information will help you in getting all the information which you are in need of at the time of waterproofing your basement. Well, there are many tips which can help you in going for the process of waterproofing your basement like concrete waterproofing coatings, plastic waterproofing coatings, etc. and many more of the options are awaited in the way which can help you in getting all the access over the tips of waterproofing your basement at your home. You need to keep one thing in mind that waterproofing your basement means making your foundation of the home to be even stronger which can help your home to be maintained in a better manner.
Tips of waterproofing your basement
- Plastic waterproofing coating is considered to be one of the most common types of coatings which can help you in the matters of waterproofing your basement at your home. In here plastic sheets and panels are used which helps the water from not entering up your basement and spoil the interiors of your home. Well, it is also considered to be good combination with the drainage system which is installed in your home. They not only stops the water flow in your basement but also protects the exteriors of your basement where this panels and sheets are being installed.
- As stated there are many tips which can help you in waterproofing your basement in your best way and amongst them one is the concrete waterproofing coating which you can go for your home. it is considered to be thick layer of coating of the concrete which is being applied on the walls of your basement. The layers which are being applied are also heavy and thick so that after they dry up they do not allow any water to flow up in the interiors of your basement. It is also cheap as compared to other coatings.
- If you walls of the basement are not painted or sealed yet than silicate waterproofing coating is considered to be your right choice of work which you must go for in your home. this solutions works in the form of sealers for your walls in your basement and helps the water to stop it from flowing it in to the interiors of your home.
There are many different types of flooring options which are available in the market and which the home owners can go for like hardwood flooring, tile flooring, wood flooring, etc. and amongst them one is laminated flooring which you can go for installing it at your home. The most like style of flooring which the home owners like for is the vinyl flooring and hardwood flooring, but trust me laminated flooring is considered to be your option which you can go for at your home. not only that but cleaning your laminated floors is also considered to be one of the easy job which the home owners can easily comply with if you are going for the option of laminated floors at your home. So going with the tips is going to help you in the matters of cleaning your laminated floors which you are going to install at your home.
This article will help you in providing the advice of going for tips of cleaning your laminated floors at your home which you have installed for. Don’t worry; more of your energy and time of is not going to be wasted as it is considered to be an easy job which you can comply with. There are many tips which can help you in going for cleaning your laminated floors at your home like you can take the help if baby shampoo, make the use of vinegar, do not go for using unwanted solution for your floors, etc. and many more of the things which you need to keep in mind while going for cleaning your laminated floors at your home.
Tips of cleaning your laminated floor at your home
- One of the easiest ways which can help you in the matters of going for cleaning your laminated floors at your home is baby shampoo. Yes, it is considered to be safe for your babies so why not for your floors. As laminated floors are considered to be sensitive enough which you need to go for maintaining it.
- Get a bowl and add water to it, now just take few of spoons of the baby shampoo and mix it well. With the help of the sponge now go for rubbing it on your laminated floors. This will help you in the matters of cleaning your laminated floors at your home.
- Alcohol is considered to be another thing which can help you in going for cleaning your laminated floors at your home. Many times we observe more of the stains which are not easily removable, for this alcohol is considered to be the perfect solution which you can go for any your home.
- Not only is that vinegar also considered to be your thing which you can go for at your home. Take hot water and add up some spoon of vinegar in it. And apply it on the stains which you observe up on your laminated floors. Keep it for some time and then with the help of the plain cloth rub all the stains which you can get in the form of your result at your home.
There are many different types of roofing methods which you can go for in your home and if you are planning for certainly that type of roofing method which can last for more period of time than mark my words, tile roofing methods is considered to be your thing which you can go for in your home to exercise for. I know you might be thinking that it is considered to be difficult for installing tile roofing in your home but it is not at all such. It is considered to be easy method of installing tile roofing at your home. You just need to get ready up with the materials which you are going to need at the time of installing tile roofing in your home. Tile roofing is also considered to be clay roofing method. There are ambit benefits of installing tile roofing which you are going to understand it further.
This article will help you in guiding different and ways of installing tile roofing at your home which you can go for. No doubt there are many things which you need to take in to account at the time of going for installing tile roofing at your home like the materials which you are going to need, the safety measure which is considered to be mandate thing to go for, etc. and many more of the things which you are going to need at the tile of installing tile roofing at your home.
How to install tile roofing
- Installing tile roofing is considered to be easy job which can be complied with the home owners too; you just need to understand up the things which you are going to need for the matters of installing this type of roofing at your home. The further discussion will help you in getting all the help of the things which you are going to be needed at the time of installing tile roofing at your home.
- The first and the foremost thing which the home owners are needed to go for is the selection of right type of clay tile for your home. Yes, it is considered to be important because you are not going to change up or replace your roof again and again right?
- Now it is the time to go for laying these clay tiles on your of. You need to clean up your roof properly and remove up all the accumulated and unwanted waste from it so that the new tile which you are going to install up can be placed in a proper manner.
- Now apply the solution and lay down the clay tiles on its place. Leave it for getting it dry in a better manner. You are also required to go for sprinkling of water which will help you in making stronger bonds and installation of tile roofing which you have opt for.
- After this taking proper care and maintaining it will; help you in getting the best installation of the roofing which you wanted in your home.
Moving into your first home is a very nice feeling. You must be saving since a long time and finally you got your first home and moving in there is gives real satisfaction. When you move in to your first home, it’s an empty shell of home and then you fill it with different decorating stuff and make it inviting and appealing. Here are some of the tips for decorating your first home with ease and fun.
Clean house at initial place
Before you start decorating your first home, you must make your new place clean and neat. Before you move in your new house and start with decorating your first home, it is very much necessary that it is clean it will help you a lot in the further process. Cleaning is not just in the sense of your house but you should clean the useless stuff out of your house. There must be plethora of things which you no longer use but it still lay with you and thus get rid of those things before you start decorating your first home. Before you shift to new place and start with decorating your first home, dispose of the old furniture in attic, all those faulty and useless appliances in the garage, useless accessories which you got in gifts and you never use. Either, donate or sell all these junk which you are never going to use. This is a nice time to take a fresh start.
While decorating your first home, the most exciting place you want to start with is bedroom. Bedroom is the place where you start your day and it is the place where you end up your day. If you are tight on your budget while decorating your first home, then this is the room where you need to spend the most out of your budget. While decorating your first home and that too first bedroom, you must spend some of the dollars in buying new and comfortable bed. New bed is not just enough; color of the wall also plays an important part and thus chooses a nice and soothing color for your bedroom. While decorating your first home, make sure you choose such colors which are decent and peaceful, loud colors can look attractive for a while but you will not like in long term.
Don’t buy everything at once
While you start decorating your new home, you always think of buying new things altogether, but this is wrong decision. Give at least time of two months before you make any big purchase. There is big difference between what you think you are going to live in your house and how you actually live in a house. Once you start living in your new home, you will realize what is actually needed and what is not. Hence don’t jump on to buy the things in a hurry and in bulk. Hence decorating your first home is really exciting and experimental thing, it can go through several changes. You might think the couch of living room will suit more in bedroom.
If you feel your home like your castle then bathroom will be such a place which will be offering you sanctum of relaxation and peace. In previous times, people thought bathroom to be a place of getting clean and wash up. But now days it is not just a place of getting clean, it is place for relaxation and peace. And to satisfy this demand of peace and relaxation, bathtub plays a very important role. Spending time in bathtub takes you away from all worldly problems for some while.
There are several kinds of options available for bath tubs to choose for your bathroom, but it depends upon your personal choice and taste and the constraints and positions of your bathroom. Which kind of bathtub style will suit your bathroom? Where will be the bathtub placed? What material and color will be better for your bathtub? To solve all your questions, here are some of the bath tub styles which will help you choose a best one.
Recessed bathtubs are also known as alcove bathtubs. It has a wall along one side, it also has wall at the top and bottom side and hence there is only one side left and that side is the finished one. It is knows as apron. You are benefitted from the cost point of view as three side4s are not seen so you don’t have to spend money on finishing them. These types of bathtubs are the most common types of bath tubs and as they are installed in the side of the bathroom, iy offers you with lots of free space in the bathroom to use. Generally faucets are also wall mounted and with a minor addition you can also get the shower added over there.
As the name suggest and similar to the nature of recessed tubs, corner bathtubs are installed in the corner of the bathroom. It can either be placed along the wall side to save the space of flooring or it can also be placed diagonally to get the spacious and open feel of the bathtub. But there is a drawback in corner bathtub there all types of these bathtubs cannot have shower. These types of bathtubs are available in plenty of designs and patterns and it suits most of the décor of any type of Bathroom. They are generally placed next to the cabinets or vanity so that space is saved in the bathroom.
Free standing bathtub also recognized as traditional bathtub gives most versatility when the question arises of placement as the installation process of these types of bathtubs is very simple. You don’t need to have any special type of drilling for faucet and that is a plus point. The plumbing is also very simple as only single drain is needed. Free standing bathroom gives a very classic look and suits with any traditionally styled bathroom. They have common designs which suit with every kind of bathroom and enrich their look.
Roof construction is not the only thing that homeowners have to worry about. Rather, roof maintenance is important, as well. The duty of a homeowner does not end at the construction of the roof but extends also to cleaning. Cleaning your roof is important because proper cleaning will make your roof more durable and extend its life. The moss, algae, dirt, etc which have accumulated on the roof must be removed from the roof so that it does not get damaged. Read on to get a few pointers on how you can clean your roof and improve its longevity.
- By washing, you can remove the stains, dirt, moss or algae from the roof. The experts at All Around Roofing and Exteriors recommend that you create a cleaning solution consisting of “95% water and 10% chlorine bleach or mix together 1 gallon of water and 4 ounces of dish soap.” This is a simple cleaning solution that you can use to clean your roof without having to hire a roofing contractor.
- Use a pressure washer to clean your roof. A pressure water sprays water with a lot of force so that you can remove dirt, moss, and algae. Many times, if you use a pressure washer, you don’t need to make a cleaning solution.
- Roof cleaning can be done permanently with help of zinc and copper roof cleaning method. The sheets of copper and zinc can be installed on the roof at the time of cleaning and then you won’t ever have to clean again.
- Cleaning of edges of the roof is also compulsory because the edges act as the support for the roof. The edges help with drainage and also maintain the roof.
Follow the pointers above so that your roof will last for many years. Although it may be a pain, the savings in time, money, and energy are well worth the effort.
Choosing the right HVAC contractor is not an easy task to do. All HVAC contractors are not the same. Doing research about them might give you a better idea. When you are in a need and hurry, you might not be able to make a good research about HVAC contractors and may jump for incorrect contractor. Thus make a research when you are free and not in any emergency so that you can find a reliable and experienced HVAC contractor. Here are some tips you should keep in mind while choosing a HVAC contractor.
Discuss with your friends and neighbors
It’s a good way for getting to know about an HVAC contractor. You can ask them who do they trust? Why? And since when? If you are satisfied with their suggestions opt for that contractor. Here that HVAC contractor will provide the similar good service to you as well because you are approaching him with reference.
The HVAC contractor for whom you are thinking to opt should be checked out online. See what the reviews about them are online. For more information you can also check out Angie’s list, SuperPages, yellow pages and yelp. You can get better idea by reading. Because many of the times there are a lot of people who just say baseless things but you can get reliable opinions by reading reviews online.
You must check the website and get to know what essential information you get from it. Is the website that good it make solution of consumer grievances? For more information you can see the video or any blog. By seeing all this you get to know whether they are trustworthy or not.
Give more preference to value rather than price
It’s the normal human tendency that the cheapest price is the best price but it is not so in case of HVAC. It is said that HVAC system are complicated and success of this system depends more on the installer rather than of the device itself. Thus it is very important job to find a reliable contractor who is experienced and skilled. If you go for the low price without checking out the contractor, it can lead your equipment to fail. Hence the low price can lead to high cost and maintenance expense.
Choose a company with staying power
You should check whether the company is established or not. You might not like to opt for a company which is not around you after installing it to deal with your maintenance and service related issues.
The more information and knowledge you have, the more will be the position you will be in. You should know about which will be equipments required by you and does it satisfy your needs. You also need to know whether you are okay with the wall units or you want to go for the central air offers. You should get knowledge about which type of equipment you have and what and how will it function. You get to know about what the system has got to offer you humidity control, ventilation or purification.